Commercial Director, Glass Reinforcements NA
Career Opportunities: Commercial Director, Glass Reinforcements NA (57219)
- Requisition ID 57219 - Posted - Sales - Location (1) - State/ Province (1) - Marketing Locations (1) - Experienced  Job Description Print Preview Apply Save Job Email Job to Friend Return to List Description The Commercial Director provides commercial leadership for the North American region of the Composites Glass Business. He/She is accountable for creating, communicating and executing the business strategy through the successful execution of sales results that create sustainable investment grade returns for Owens Corning and distinct value for our customers. He/She will also be accountable for the growth and development of the sales team in N. America and represent the N. America sales function within the Americas leadership team. The position reports to the Vice President & Managing Director of Glass Reinforcements, Americas. Responsibilities Leading and Developing Talent
- Provides input to organizational design to fully realize both operational and strategic goals
- Provides input to the sales organization to create jobs with strong accountability and development responsibility opportunities on the pursuit of sales capability excellence.
- Creates an environment where talent is developed through effective coaching, performance management, talent evaluation systems and utilization of people.
- Provides input to key account managers and area sales managers to effectively create and fill openings with the appropriate mix of internal promotions and external recruitment to satisfy near-term performance, longer-term succession needs and to insure the organization has the necessary outstanding talent to deliver the Company’s strategy. Must be able to recognize, assess and select top sales talent.
- Invests in the growth and development of the talent in within the organization. Promotes an sponsors an environment of inclusion and diversity. Engaged in personal development.
- Progress versus 1:1 succession talent plan for focus roles in organization. (Sales leaders are measured annually on their ability to develop their successor.)
- Extraordinary talent additions through external recruiting
- 360 feedback
- Inclusion and Diversity metrics and performance
- Leadership Capability for Growth personal & organizational improvements
2. Knowing Our Customers (Driving Business Growth through deep customer knowledge and market understanding)
- Continuously builds an intimate insight and knowledge of business segment(s), key accounts and distribution customers to do what is necessary for the customer to be successful and ensure value for our current and future products, programs and processes.
- Quantify and understand the market drivers and competitive pressures at play balancing short term and long term dynamics that fit the business strategy.
- Critical to the role is establishing and maintaining senior-level relationships with all customers and specifically, key accounts and distribution customers.
- Teaches and holds team accountable for building deep understanding of the industry and markets and intimate professional/business understanding of the customers and key influences to the customer’s customer through Customer Discovery data and demonstrated listening skills.
- Develops broad corporate/executive customer relationships key accounts
- Partners across regions, where necessary, to maximize value at the global level.
- Achievement of customer action plans, inspired through the Customer Discovery process
- Sales revenue, gross margin, gross margin per unit, gross margin %
- Sales and share attainment versus strategic targets and key account plans
- Performance versus plan, performance versus market
- Customer feedback through direct feedback and survey (NPS scores)
3. Development of Strategy
The Commercial Director will provide the following insights:
- An environmental analysis that includes: Economic impacts
- Market trends
- Competitor intelligence and strategies
- Clear needs of the customer and the customer’s strategy
- The un-met needs of key accounts and the market as identified by the organization and the resultant opportunity for the business segments (s) of Owens Corning
- An analysis of the competition which identifies competitive advantages, disadvantages and company strengths and weaknesses. (understanding of why the customer is buying from the competition.)
- An analysis of external and execution risks and their potential impact on business segment results and the definition of a mitigation plan which addresses the risks with identified actions
- The resources needed and investments required for the business plan, including organization structure and people requirements.
- Market share goal
- Revenue growth goal
- Operating margin goal
- Price/Volume/Mix performance
4. Executing Strategy
- Communicates with all key accounts, so they know our strategic plans, to position market conditions, build trust and operating integrity in our business relationships.
- Consistently drives marketing and customer programs to improve cost structure at all levels.
- Demonstrates ability to design selling programs, with an outside in perspective, to drive OC and customer profitability.
- Communicates and inspires the sales organization to deliver the strategic objectives and supporting goals of the key accounts
- Coaches and educate the organization to execute the customer sales and execution strategy.
- Measured progress to achieve: Gross margin (per unit and %)
- Revenue delivery and growth
- Market share and expectations
- Return on Capital of the business
5. Operational Performance (Maximize profitability in any market condition)
- Develops, communicates and leads annual sales plan for each customer consistent with near-term requirements for financial and non-financial performance and long-term strategic requirements, driving accountability throughout the sales organization.
- Capitalizes on the value provided by our company through robust price/mix management.
- Monitors market data and customer feedback to collect and synthesize changes in market conditions and/or competitive behavior.
- Utilizes business and management reviews and continuous commercial oversight to respond to the external conditions at that time and drive business performance.
- Contributes to an effective forecasting and pricing processes
- Mentoring talent for maximum impact on results and growth/development.
- Establishes clear and appropriate operating authority on critical performance drivers for key account customers (e.g., pricing, operations/capacity planning)
- Committed to eliminating waste in sales processes driving for sales process effectiveness.
- Establishes clear “tone at the top” related to OC values, safety, business ethics and the law, and financial controls.
- Financial performance to plan and prior year (e.g. pricing)
- Financial performance versus market conditions
- Continuous improvement and realization of non-financial goals: Safety
- Market share
- Key Growth Account performance metrics
- Business conduct
6. Leading the Company
- Creates teamwork across staff functions and other business groups to maximize the performance of Owens Corning and the development of people.
- Is regarded by the employees of Owens Corning as a role model for their growth, development and conduct.
- Communicates business strategy and performance to external constituents (customers, industry) effectively and engages them in the vision of the business.
- Collaborates at the enterprise level to maximize drive shareholder value
- Feedback from General Manager, key accounts, peers and other OC leadership
- Cash management and cost containment leadership
- Waste elimination across organizational boundaries
- 10+ years of Sales, Marketing or Finance experience in B2B environmen
- Leading customer strategic plans in a complex business environment
- Creating/Developing and enforcing contracts to win-win outcomes
- Enrolling the sales force to achieve participation levels to accomplish the goals
- Developing strong relationships with external customers and internal stakeholders
- Creating and developing key accounts and distribution channels which include marketing, technical, product and price programs that returns significant value to both the customer and OC.
- Gaining alignment, developing and leading the execution plans through both distribution and direct accounts.
- Creating and implementing business plans
- Leading an organization in a range of economic conditions, i.e. expansion, contraction, stable economic conditions.
- Operating across geographic and cultural boundaries
- Increasing margins through aggressive management of price, mix and cost.
- Marketing and selling new products and services; attracting new accounts
- Input into growing a sales organization organically.
- Providing input into attracting, developing and retaining outstanding talent; developing and growing talent, growth and development.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and execute in a large matrix organization.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to develop an intimate knowledge of customers, contracts, competition, and the market.
- Strong business communication and financial acumen with demonstrated analytical ability accompanied by superior presentation skills.
- Conducts himself/herself with the highest ethical and moral standards
- Leads with a strong set of values aligned with OC Values
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and execute strategic directions.
- Makes decisions and commits to a course of action with appropriate information and recognizes uncertainty of success; weighs and manages risk in decision making; able to make decisions detrimental to a few but helpful to many.
- Ability to execute through a large, matrix organization
- Highly motivated and results driven with a high energy level.
- Broad operating style, ability to adapt across cultures, environments and styles.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and control costs.
- Demonstrated ability to develop a functional operating plan.
- Demonstrated ability to increase margins.
- Exudes professional confidence, with strong listening skills.
- Intelligent, creative, analytical.
- Forward thinking leadership abilities, including the ability to motivate, lead by example, and encourage teamwork and effective communication.
- Behaves in a mature and appropriate manner. Shows good judgment, does not allow feeling or biases to distract reasoning, does not rationalize failures.
- Freely states opinions and feelings. Expresses him/her self directly and candidly.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time
- Bachelor’s degree in business or business related fields
- Masters degree in Business preferred
Apply Save Job Email Job to Friend Return to List
Dies ist eine gecrawlte Stellenanzeige von dritten Jobbörsen. Wir bieten hierfür keinen Support, können diese aber jederzeit offline stellen. Für weitere Informationen: Datenschutzhinweise und Kontaktformular.