Ocean Import Coordinator
OIA Global Since its founding in 1988, OIA Global has grown into a $1 billion world-class logistics and packaging company that employs over 1,200 professionals in 28 countries. Our knowledge, solution design experience, and installed infrastructure give our customers the confidence and capability to extend their supply chains from emerging production areas to key commercial markets.
The Ocean Import Coordinator will review, and process import transactions, including all related activities, for one or more major accounts, and to provide excellent, proactive and timely customer service. Duties will include preparation of freight quotes, tracking of freight and invoice processing. The Import Agent performs all duties correctly and in compliance with all government regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promote a positive relationship with the client by ensuring excellent, timely and proactive customer service at all times and in conjunction with other departments and third parties
- Track and review shipping status to ensure timely departure/arrival/delivery of freight; enter milestone data
- Process data through the Company’s system, and obtain bank releases and other government agency releases as appropriate
- Process arrival notices for incoming shipments
- Work and communicate with customs brokers and logistics providers to resolve any potential issues/delays
- Create quotations for individual shipments, including estimating prices for the shipper, and selecting transportation companies to use
- Minimum of two to five years of handling air and ocean imports from arranging collection overseas to delivering to consignee and all the functions in between
Required Skills and Abilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A high level of energy and a "can-do" positive attitude
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, Word and Outlook
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
Education and Experience:
- Minimum 2 years relevant work experience handling full-cycle export transactions in the freight forwarding industry
- Familiarity with CargoWise’s Enterprise system a plus.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
OIA Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability. We offer an exciting and growth-oriented work environment, and OIA employees enjoy competitive salaries and excellent benefits.
Dies ist eine gecrawlte Stellenanzeige von dritten Jobbörsen. Wir bieten hierfür keinen Support, können diese aber jederzeit offline stellen. Für weitere Informationen: Datenschutzhinweise und Kontaktformular.