Roofing Capital Delivery Director
The Roofing Capital Delivery Director reports to the Director, Roofing Mfg Support, and works independently to develop the annual capital plan from individual project definition through start-up and performance assurance for all projects. The successful candidate is an experienced leader of capital project processes and of people: They lead Project Leaders, by guiding process owners, including Site/Plant Leaders and manufacturing staff, Process Engineers, Product Managers, S&T, Manufacturing Technologies, IT, and Capital Sourcing through the project schedule to perform on time and on budget. The individual also leads the Capital Delivery Process Leader, and the capital plan includes Shingle, Asphalt, and Components projects.
This position can be based in Toledo, OH (preferred) or near a major airport.
The Roofing business unit Director, Capital Delivery, is a member of the Roofing Manufacturing Support Team and the Roofing Operations NLT. The Capital Delivery team is accountable for defining and executing the capital investment project plan. Chief goals are:
1. Zero injuries to OC employees or contractors as a result of the installations,
2. Project utility met (in function)
3. On-time project delivery, and
4. On-budget project management
5. Enabling shingle, asphalt and components product development
6. Process Support leaders
7. Leading the global Roofing Early Management (EM) Pillar
The successful candidate must be a flexible individual that can work effectively across the organization, be a good communicator, and excel at teamwork. The individual must possess the perspective required to develop a capital plan with the broad team, and execute on the plan with safety, cost, schedule and quality of investment as well as defining/using TPM Early Management principles, as chief goals. The typical capital plan is $65MM - $75MM, with over 250 projects.
- Support multi-plant global network with troubleshooting, design, maintenance, and loss prevention assistance when needed.
- Lead and grow a team of eight talented Capital Delivery Engineers (Project Leaders)
- Instill Safety processes to support zero injuries, capital cost to +/-10% of planned project cost, hit targeted project timing.
The Capital Delivery Leader should have demonstrated experience in direct process design in operational support, maintenance, and Environmental Health & Safety. Additional experience is necessary in:
- Process design/understanding process start-up operation, problem solving skills, listening skills, and process improvement
- Troubleshooting issues and developing corrective actions/recommendation
- Plant Engineering
- Comfortable with designing and outsourcing design elements
- Projects deliver expected results.
The Capital Delivery Director should have experience overseeing a large capital projects portfolio while also demonstrating the engineering skills to make tough technical calls, when required. Additional experience is necessary in:
- Ensure proper implementation of early management, Vault (project information storage), leading to lowest life cycle cost, high maintainability, and ultimately true vertical project start ups.
- Safety in Design
- Multiple project portfolio management
- Cost control, design, and equipment standards
- Standard implementation for plant safety improvement
- Project management from initial concept, initial design to final design, construction/installation & closure, including cost control.
- Developing/generating rough design (w/ multi-disciplines), 100% to 25% estimate for management review
- Development of written the project scope of work, specification development, bid generation, initial and final bid review, and control cost
- Feasibility studies, for project implementation
- Developing Final design 10% (w/ multi-disciplines)
- Bid review and generation of recommendations
- Construction management, including management of contactors (both non-union & union)
- Production/performance versus plan; vertical start up success.
- Driven by goals of Safety, Design integrity, Cost, and Schedule
- Product Development: partner with Business Development in understanding customer needs and translate the needs into product design (as part of the tech team). Lead the implementation of the manufacturing processes for the new designs.
- Live the Safety stand; adhere to the safety responsibilities.
- Adheres to safety standards
- Ensures project design and installation have safety woven throughout, to produce zero injuries to contractors and plant personnel, throughout start-up and commissioning
Executing Strategy and Directing Operations
The Roofing Capital Delivery Director will have responsibility for:
- Determining organizational objectives and priorities in support of the Business Unit’s strategy and vision, and for developing teams to deliver results in support of these objectives and priorities
- Making operational decisions or recommendations that could affect the financial, employee, or public relations posture of the organization
- Living the values and vision of the Company; establish an engaged workforce characterized by mutual trust, open communications, teamwork, and recognition
- Leading a lean culture environment through six sigma processes and toolsets
- Assigning and coordinating the work in global capital delivery to include the designation of capital projects, prioritization and resource allocation
- Preparing budgets relative to capital expenditures, ROI, etc.
- Facilitating process improvements through people deployment, productivity enhancements, high performance work teams and being a model for change
- Developing and leading strategic business plans; accountable for delivering BU capital a performance metrics
- Utilizing data driven decision-making processes, such as Six Sigma
- Driving alignment and best practice sharing between all Roofing sites
- Safety metrics - RIR, first aids, near misses, SAFE and Critical 6
- Production - line speed, pack rates and quality
- Performance Management
- Talent Development
- Leadership Capabilities for Growth surveys
- Individual Goals and Objectives
Leading and Developing Talent
The Capital Delivery Director will have responsibility for:
- Creating and sustaining a culture where talent is developed through effective performance management and talent evaluation
- Effectively staffing the organization, providing competent people and the appropriate mix of internal and external talent to satisfy both near-term and long-term succession needs
- Investing in the growth and development of individuals identified as high potential talent
- Establishing clear and measurable expectations of performance and review commitments to ensure goals are achieved; completing first line leader performance appraisals and coaching employees to develop and execute growth and development plans
- Monitoring and enforcing capital delivery stage gate process and EM principles consistently across all plants
- Maintaining documentation, tracking, counseling and executing coaching and corrective action when performance issues occur
- Actively leading and building an effective Global Capital Development team increase plant performance and drive continuous improvement initiatives
- Performance Management
- Talent Development
- Talent Acquisition and Retention
- Succession Planning
- Individual Goals and Objectives
- 10 year minimum project management experience preferred
- Plant experience as plant manager or maintenance engineer
- Customer FFU, Quality, and Product Development track record.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in Engineering
- 6 Sigma Black or Green Belt preferred
- PMP certification preferred
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with all levels, floor level to Senior Management
- Proven leader within the engineering/project management environment
- Operational Leadership experience preferred
Abilities and Personal Characteristics:
Ability to travel up to 60%
Dies ist eine gecrawlte Stellenanzeige von dritten Jobbörsen. Wir bieten hierfür keinen Support, können diese aber jederzeit offline stellen. Für weitere Informationen: Datenschutzhinweise und Kontaktformular.