Senior Import Coordinator
Career Opportunities: Senior Import Coordinator (1546)
- Requisition ID 1546 - Posted - Operations - Job Location (country) (1) - Job Location (region) (1)  Job Description Print Preview Apply Save Job Email Job to Friend Return to List OIA Global Since its founding in 1988, OIA Global has grown into a $1 billion world-class logistics and packaging company that employs over 1,200 professionals in 28 countries. Our knowledge, solution design experience, and installed infrastructure give our customers the confidence and capability to extend their supply chains from emerging production areas to key commercial markets. Summary: The primary duty of the Import Coordinator is to review and process import transactions, including all related activities, for one or more major accounts, and to provide excellent, proactive and timely customer service. Duties will include preparation of freight quotes, tracking of freight and invoice processing. The Import Agent performs all duties correctly and in compliance with all government regulations. Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promoting a positive relationship with the client by ensuring excellent, timely and proactive customer service at all times and in conjunction with other departments and third parties
- Tracking and reviewing shipping status to ensure timely departure, arrival, and delivery of freight; enter milestone data
- Processing data through our freight management system, and obtaining bank releases and other government agency releases as appropriate
- Processing arrival notices for incoming shipments
- Communicating with customs brokers and logistics providers to resolve any potential issues or delays
- Create quotations for individual shipments, including estimating prices for the shipper, selecting transportation companies to use and negotiating competitive rates
- Obtain proper approval and releases from customers, as well as signed proof of delivery
Required Skills and Abilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A high level of energy and a "can-do" positive attitude
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, Word and Outlook
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills
Education and Experience:
- Minimum 2 years relevant work experience in the freight forwarding industry or logistics field
- Familiarity with CargoWise’s Enterprise system a plus
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
OIA Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability. We offer an exciting and growth-oriented work environment, and OIA employees enjoy competitive salaries and excellent benefits.
Apply Save Job Email Job to Friend Return to List
Dies ist eine gecrawlte Stellenanzeige von dritten Jobbörsen. Wir bieten hierfür keinen Support, können diese aber jederzeit offline stellen. Für weitere Informationen: Datenschutzhinweise und Kontaktformular.