Air Export Coordinator
OIA Global Since its founding in 1988, OIA Global has grown into a $1 billion world-class logistics and packaging company that employs over 1,200 professionals in 28 countries. Our knowledge, solution design experience, and installed infrastructure give our customers the confidence and capability to extend their supply chains from emerging production areas to key commercial markets.
As Air Export Coordinator, you will review and process export transactions, including all related activities, for one or more major accounts. You will provide excellent, proactive and timely customer service. Day to day duties will include preparation of freight quotes, tracking of freight and processing invoices. The Export Agent maintains a strong attention to detail, while ensuring compliance with all government export and transportation regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promote a positive relationship with the client by ensuring excellent, timely and proactive customer service
- Receive, review, and process high-volume and/or complex export transactions for client(s), including booking, documentation and billing
- Process data through the Company’s system, and submit shipment information to various government agencies as required
- Visit warehouse to check shipments after completing documentation to ensure that the shipping documents correspond to the actual shipments
- Process bills of lading for outgoing shipments
- Track and review shipping status to ensure timely departure/delivery of freight; enter milestone data
- Ensure shipments of hazardous materials are checked and processed in accordance with all applicable regulations under the International Air Transport Association and Code of Federal Regulations
- Create quotations for individual shipments, including estimating prices for the shipper and selecting transportation companies to use
- Segregate cartons for each destination, label each carton and take photos for files
- Check shock watch/tilt watch activation and remark if there is any activation
- Prepare On-Hand reports from warehouse receipts
Required Skills and Abilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A high level of energy and a "can-do" positive attitude
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, Word and Outlook
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
Education and Experience:
- Minimum 2 years relevant work experience in the freight forwarding industry or logistics field
- Familiarity with CargoWise’s Enterprise system a plus.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
OIA Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability. We offer an exciting and growth-oriented work environment, and OIA employees enjoy competitive salaries and excellent benefits.
Dies ist eine gecrawlte Stellenanzeige von dritten Jobbörsen. Wir bieten hierfür keinen Support, können diese aber jederzeit offline stellen. Für weitere Informationen: Datenschutzhinweise und Kontaktformular.