OIA Global Since its founding in 1988, OIA Global has grown into a $1 billion world-class logistics and packaging company that employs over 1,200 professionals in 28 countries. Our knowledge, solution design experience, and installed infrastructure give our customers the confidence and capability to extend their supply chains from emerging production areas to key commercial markets.
Primary duty is to process customs declarations, including all related activities, for one or more major accounts, and to provide excellent, proactive and timely customer service. Duties will include tracking of freight, review of documents, preparation and submission of customs declarations, milestone updates, selecting transportation companies to use for delivery and invoice processing. The Entry Writer performs all duties correctly and in compliance with all government regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analysis and HTSUS classification of import commodities for customs clearance purposes
- Exercising due diligence as relates to compliance with customs and other federal and state government regulations for clearance of import shipments
- Data input of import and customs related information to Interfacing with customers as relates to the customs clearance process and related customer service issues.
- Analysis/problem solving as relates to data transmissions and customs data response
- Promote a positive relationship with the client by ensuring excellent, timely and proactive customer service at all times and in conjunction with other departments and third parties
- Process data through the Company’s system, and obtain other government agency releases as appropriate
- Track and review shipping status to ensure timely departure/arrival/delivery of freight; enter milestone data
- Interfacing with various departments of customs, PGA’s, airlines, steamship lines, co-loader's agents, truck lines, and warehouses.
- Analysis and troubleshooting as required Interfacing with OIA ocean and air import departments in relation to shipments
- Document procurement, customs clearance and billing purposes
Required Skills and Abilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A high level of energy and a "can-do" positive attitude
- Strong proficiency in HTS classification and CBP regulations
- Knowledge of ISF 10+2, Lacey Act, CSPC, PGA’s
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, Word and Outlook
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills
Education and Experience:
- Minimum 2 years relevant work experience in customs brokerage department
- Familiarity with CargoWise’s Enterprise system a plus.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
OIA Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability. We offer an exciting and growth-oriented work environment, and OIA employees enjoy competitive salaries and excellent benefits.
Dies ist eine gecrawlte Stellenanzeige von dritten Jobbörsen. Wir bieten hierfür keinen Support, können diese aber jederzeit offline stellen. Für weitere Informationen: Datenschutzhinweise und Kontaktformular.